The coast of Salento is a succession of great white sandy beaches and breathtaking cliffs on clear blue water, while several marine caves hide the secrets of the deepest sea.
If you are planning your summer holiday in Salento here are some beaches not to be missed.
The most beautiful beaches of the Adriatic coast of Salento
From North to South:
- Torre dell’Orso (Melendugno): bay of white sand and crystal clear water, surrounded by a thick vegetation typical of the Mediterranean scrub.
- Alimini (Otranto): long and wide coast of white sand and very clear sea, separated from the road by a fresh pine forest.
- Porto Badisco (Otranto): pretty little beach surrounded by spectacular cliffs and the characteristic blue-green sea.
- Castro Marina: stretch of rocky coast, full of fascinating cliffs and evocative natural caves.
- Ciolo (Castrignano del Capo): tiny charming little beach located under the bridge of Ciolo, among breathtaking rocky ridges.
The Ionian Coast of Salento: the most beautiful beaches
Going from South to North:
- Pescoluse (Marina di Salve): very fine white sand, shallow waters, clear and transparent water.
- Torre San Giovanni (Marina di Ugento): Carribean-style beach with white sand and turquoise coloured water.
- Punta Pizzo (Gallipoli): located inside a natural park. An oasis of relaxation and wellness surrounded by unspoiled nature.
- Porto Selvaggio (Nardò): magnificent coves of pebbles among the rocks, reachable through a path, crystal clear sea.
- Porto Cesareo: wide stretch of coastline where there are numerous beaches. Particularly noteworthy is Punta Prosciutto: “wild” beach characterized by sand dunes and turquoise water.